Rajma chawal step wise recipe- simple and easy recipe. Its my special recipe which I have make in my own way…My whole family including my children loves Rajma chawal
Rajma chawal is a famous punjabi dish made of Kidney beans in soft and creamy curry. Kidney beans are soaked overnight and then pressure cooked till its soft. And later the rajma masala is made. The rice i have used is Basmati rice which is soaked in water for an hour then cooked. So lets make Rajma chawal.
- Kidney beans- 250 grams(soaked overnight and pressure cooked for 25 mins)
- Onions- 4 large, sliced and pureed
- Tomatoes- 5 to 6 , sliced and pureed
- Curd- 4 tablespoons or small bowl
- Jeera or cumin seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Bay leafs- 2 or 3
- Cloves- 2 to 4
- black pepper- 2 to 3
- cinnamon- 1/2 inch
- turmeric powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder- 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- salt – As per your requirement
- Checkout all ingredients for making Rajma masala.
- In a saucepan, add oil and add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves, blackpepper, cinnamon and saute till seeds pops.
- Add onion puree and cook till golden brown
- Add tomato puree. Cook till oil oozes out.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Saute for 1 min.
- Next add the curd. Cook till oil oozes out of it.
- When done, add the cooked Kidney beans and mix well.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. mix again.
- If the gravy is thick, add 1/2 cup of water and cook with lid for 2 to 3 mins.
- Your Rajma masala is ready. Serve it with rice. You can also have it with roti.
The delicious Rajma chawal is ready. Enjoy with your family 🙂
Follow us on instagram : the_creativefoodie