Recipe of delicious street food Veg. Momos…………………Momos are famous in Mumbai and everyone loves it. Momos can be made in variety of stuffing’s and can be a little time consuming…….. but they are really very tempting and delectable. Today I’m gonna show you the recipe of simple Veg. Momo’s. Lets make them..
for outer cover-
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Water- 1/3 cup or as required
- Oil- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Onion- 1, finely chopped
- Cabbage- 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- French Beans- 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Carrots- 1/4 cup, grated
- Capsicum- 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Spring onions- 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Shallots (optional)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
- Chilly sauce- 1 tbsp
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Garam masala power- 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
- oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required(add less salt as water can come out making momos soggy)
- Check out ingredients for making Veg. momos
- First make dough, in a bowl add all purpose flour, salt and oil. Make dough by adding water step by step and make a soft, firm dough. Keep aside.
- Lets make stuffing. In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 1 min. Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown
- Add chopped cabbage, french beans and carrot. Cook them on a medium – high flame for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, soy sauce,red chilly sauce, salt and mix well.
- Add spring onions, mix and turn the flame off. The stuffing is ready. Let the stuffing cool completely.
- Make small balls from dough and dust it little. Roll it using roll pin of 3 inch diameter.
- Add water with your finger tips to the corners. Then stuff 1 tbsp of stuffing and start pleating the Momos. Then join them to center. If you know how to make modak then it will be simple for you to make momos.
- Similarly make momos of every ball.
- Then in a steamer add around 1/2 to 1 cup of water. Grease the streamer plate with oil and place momos one by one. Cook them for 10 to 12 mins. When done the cover will look translucent and will not be sticky.
- When done, remove steamer plate and let momos cool. Remove one by one. Your Homemade veg momos are ready. Serve them with Schezwan sauce /mint chutney /mayo.