Monsoon season calls for something hot and tasty delicacy. Whenever rain starts, we Indians like to have tea/coffee with some hot Pakoras!!!
Pakoras is liked by everyone and during monsoon it tastes great with hot tea/coffee. Here I’m showing the recipe of Bread pakoras made along with tasty potato stuffing. Perfect when Guests arrive at your home. You can even have this at breakfast. Lets make hot Bread pakoras.
- Potatoes-3 to 4 (medium sized, boiled and grated)
- Green peas- 1/4 cup(boiled)
- Chilli-garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 6 to 8
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Salt- as required
- oil- 1 tbsp
- Bread slices- 6 slices
- Gram flour(besan)- 1 cup
- Carom seeds- 1 tsp(crushed)
- Salt- as needed
- Water- (3/4 cup or as needed)
- Baking soda- 1 pinch
- Oil- for dip frying pakoras.
- For chilly-garlic paste:In a plate take 8 to 10 garlic cloves, 1/2 inch ginger, 3 green chillies, 1 tbsp cumin seeds. Add these ingredients in a mixer and grind it to paste(The paste will be coarsely grounded due to cumin seeds).
- Boil potatoes and let them cool. Grate and keep aside. Boil green peas and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add curry leaves, mustard seeds. Let mustard seeds crackle. Then add chilly- garlic paste. Fry it for a min. Then add turmeric powder and saute.
- Then add Grated potatoes and green peas. Mix well. Then add all powdered spices. Mix them.Finally add chopped coriander leaves. Turn flame off. Your stuffing is ready. Let it cool completely. Till then lets prepare batter.
- In a bowl add Gram flour, salt, baking soda and carom seeds.
- Add water little by little and make batter. The batter consistency should be thin.
- Take two slices of bread, place stuffing on one slice and close it another slice. Repeat this with all slices of bread. Then cut it into triangles.
- In a frying pan heat oil . Add enough oil to dip fry bread pakoras.
- Dip the stuffed bread in gram flour batter. Fry the pakoras one by one.
- Fry Bread pakoras on both sides till golden on medium flame. When done remove pakoras on paper towel.
- Your bread pakoras is ready. Serve hot with tea. Serve along with sauce. Enjoy with friends and family.
Instagram: the_creativefoodie FB: Creative Foodie