Hello!!!! Today I’m posting a recipe of yummy root loved by everyone….. its tarot root. Tarot root tastes similar like potatoes and can be made as side dish or main dish. In India it called Arbi/Arvi. Today I’m preparing recipe of Fried arbi or besan wali arbi that can be served as appetizers or main dish. Lets start making fried arbi..
- Arbi/Tarot root- 250 gms
- chickpea flour/besan- 4 tbsp or 1 small bowl
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam powder-1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Green chilies- 3 to 4, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander- finely chopped
- Asafoetida- one pinch
- ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per your taste
- Oil- for frying arbi
- Check ingredients for making besan wali arbi.
- Wash Arbi with enough water. In a pressure cooker add 1 cup of water and arbi. pressure cook arbi till three whistles. Don’t overcook arbi otherwise it will turn soggy.
- Till arbi cooks, we will prepare the mixture of besan/chickpea flour. In bowl, take chickpea flour and add red chilly powder,turmeric powder, amchur(raw mango powder),coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt.Add water little by little to make a thick mixture. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Remove arbi and let it cool down completly. Peel the skin of arbi. Cut it into two halves, take one half on your palm and press them with your both hands.
- Heat 4 to 5 tbsp oil in a pan. Dip arbi one by one in chickpea flour/besan mixture and fry arbi
- Turn arbi and fry them till they are crisp. When done, remove arbi and keep them in paper towel.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add green chilies, carom seeds, asafoetida, ginger garlic paste and mix
- Add Arbi and mix well. Finally add coriander leaves and turn the flame off.
Your Besan wali arbi or Fried arbi is ready to serve. You can have it as starter or you can have it with roti or daal-rice.
Thankyou so much for visiting our blog. Do like and follow us for more recipes. byee……..:D