Chicken pulao or pulav is very simple and easy to make dish for lunch or dinner…….This recipe takes less time and effort to make when it comes to non-veg.
Chicken pulao can be eaten with raita(curd) or kachundar(salad). Perfect when some special guests arrive at home. So lets start preparing our dish Chicken pulav
For marination :
- Chicken-500 gms
- Yogurt/curd-1 big bowl
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Salt – As per your taste
- Basmati Rice- 2 1/2 cups
- Onions- 3 (sliced)
- Ginger- garlic paste-2 tbsp
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Bay leaf-2
- Cinnamon stick-1
- Black pepper- 4 to 5
- Cloves- 4
- Star anise- 2
- Green cardamom- 4 to 5
- Red chilies- 3
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder- 2 tbsp(you can even add less chilly powder for less spicy version)
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 2 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp(you can add less oil)
- Salt – as per your taste
- Check ingredients for making chicken pulav.
- In a bowl add all marination ingredients except chicken and mix very well. Then add chicken and marinate chicken for 3 to 4 hrs in refrigerator
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, add oil. Add whole spices and saute for few seconds.
- Now add onions and saute. Fry the onions till they are brown and crisp
- When the onions are half-cooked, add ginger-garlic pate and saute for 4 to 5 mins
- Add tomatoes and cook till they are soft. Add tomatoes and fry for 3 to 4 mins .
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and saute .
- Add the marinated chicken and add 1 cup of water. Cook chicken with lid for 15 mins on medium flame.
- After that add rice and water.
- Now add coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilly powder (I thought it was less spicy) and salt. Mix well.
- Cook pulav on a medium flame for 30 mins.Keep lid. Check pulav in between so that it does stick to the bottom.
- Your chicken pulao is cooked. Now carefully remove rice and chicken pieces so that it looks well.
Chicken pulao is ready to serve. Enjoy with your family and friends.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Do like and share…..