The authentic Chicken Tikka recipe step by step
Chicken Tikka is an dish in which chicken peices are marinated and later grilled or barbecued. This dish is popular in north India and Pakistan. Mostly the boneless chicken pieces are used in this recipe, but I’ve used the chicken with bones.
This Dish is really easy to make, just gather your ingredients, marinate the chicken and then grilling them. If you don’t have an oven then just fry this pieces in less oil. This dish can turn favorite to your non-vegetarian friends.
So lets prepare Chicken Tikka…
- Chicken – 1 kg(boneless/bones, I’ve used bones)
- Thick yogurt- 1 cup(remove excess water for thick yogurt)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder- 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tbsp
- Chat masala- 1/ 2 tbsp
- Red food color- 2 pinch (optional)
- Lemon juice- 1 whole lemon
- Semolina- 4 tbsp
- Salt- as per your taste
- Oil- 2 Tbsp
- Check ingredients for making Chicken Tikka
- In a big bowl, add chicken, yogurt, Turmeric powder, red chilly powder and mix them well
- Add salt, chat masala, lemon juice and red food color. Mix well
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour.
- The marinated chicken is ready for grilling
- Apply oil on the oven-proof pan.
- Take 1/2 marinated chicken.Roll the marinated chicken pieces in Semolina one by one and keep them on pan. Apply oil on them with the help of brush.
- Grill the chicken on 450° for 32 mins. Stop the oven after 17 mins, flip the pieces and start grilling.
- When done, remove pan and let it cool . In the same way grill the another batch of marinated chicken.
- Serve the Chicken Tikka with Roti/Naan, onion rings and lemon.
Happy New Year. May your family be blessed with peace and happiness this coming year.