Coconut burfi is one the simplest sweet which is loved by everyone. The authentic taste of coconut burfi cannot be replaced by any sweet…….I love it so much and I’m sure you will love it too. Coconut burfi can be made with desiccated coconut or fresh coconut , I made using fresh coconut. Coconut burfi can be made on any festive but its made specially during diwali…lets start making Coconut burfi.
- Fresh coconut- 1 whole, grated (skip the brown part)
- Sugar- 3/4 cup
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Ghee(clarified butter)- 2 tbsp
- Crushed green cardamom – 1/4 tsp
- Almonds/pistachios/cashews- sliced
- Check ingredients for making coconut burfi
- In a non-stick pan,add ghee. Add the grated coconut and saute on a high flame for few seconds
- Then add sugar, milk and let it come to a boil. On a medium flame, keep stiring continuously
- Then add the cardamom powder when its half dried. Stir continuously so that it does not stick to the bottom pan.
- Mix continuously till the mixture gets completely dried.
- Grease ghee on a plate and add the mixture on plate
- Then with the help of knife, shape the mixture like square.
- Garnish with sliced nuts (I sprinkled some sliced almonds). Let it cool completely. cut into square/diamond peices.
Your coconut burfi is ready to serve. Store it in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.