Chocolate Cake with lots of strawberries……… The bestest combo that’s ever been made. Yummy Chocolate cake with delicious chocolate cream and drizzled with chocolate ganache. Perfect for Christmas- The most wonderful time of the year.
In winters plenty of strawberries are available in market, you should not miss this time and make it for Christmas.
Here’s the recipe of Yummilicious Strawberry Chocolate cake
For Chocolate cake-
- All purpose flour- 2 cups
- Condensed milk- 3/4 cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Oil- 8 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 2 tsp
- Water- 1 cup
- Chocolate chips(dark)- for garnishing
- Strawberries- sliced, 10 to 12
- Strawberries- whole,for garnishing, as much as you wish 😉
For Chocolate cream-
- Whipped cream- 1 cup
- Dark chocolate- 1/4 cup,chopped or chocolate chips
For Chocolate Ganache-
- Dark Chocolate- 1/2 cup,chopped or chocolate chips
- Fresh cream- 1/2 cup
- We will start by making chocolate cake.
- In a bowl, add oil.
- Add condensed milk. Whisk until Oil is immersed well in condensed milk.
- In another bowl, sieve All purpose flour. Sieve baking powder and baking soda.
- Then sieve cocoa powder. With help of spatula mix well.
- In wet ingredients add Vanilla essence and whisk it.
- Add wet ingredients in dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- With the help of Blender/whisker/Mixer mix the cake batter until well blended. Then slowly add 1/2 cup water. Blend. Again add 1/2 cup water and blend it well.
- Brush baking tin with oil.Add 1/2 of the cake batter. Microwave on 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.
- When done, insert toothpick in center of the cake. If it comes out clean, that means your cake is ready. Remove cake from tin and let it cool down completely on a cooling rack. Similarly bake the remaining batter.
- When the second cake cools, prepare the frosting. For that prepare double boiler.
- Take whipped cream and heat it in double boiler. When the whipped cream becomes warm, add chocolate. Mix until the chocolate completely dissolves in it. Let it cool. Wrap the plastic on bowl and refrigerate it.
- Now prepare chocolate ganache. For that take add fresh cream in a bowl and add chocolate. Microwave for 1 min and check. If the chocolate doesn’t dissolve, microwave it again. Let it cool completely.
- Assembling cake- Take a serving platter or turn table. Place a cake.
- Spread chocolate cream on top of the cake. Use a knife if you don’t have spatula.
- Add chopped strawberries.
- Then place another cake on top of first cake.
- Now apply chocolate cream on the top of the second cake.
- Apply cream on sides of the cake by rotating the cake.
- Now start pouring the ganache on top of the cake.
- Let it drip down sides of the cake.
- Add chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- Place strawberries on center of the cake.
- Now place sliced strawberries at some distance of whole strawberries.
- Set the cake in fridge for 2 to 3 hours.Your chocolate cake is ready.
Merry Christmas. May your Christmas sparkle and your holidays overflow with gifts and love ❤