Tawa pulao/pulav is famous mumbai street food which is made on same tawa besides Pav-bhaji. Tawa pulav is made with leftover rice and few veggies. It tastes delicious yet quick and easy to make. It can be served with yogurt/raita.
- 1 cup rice(any)- (cooked)
- Onion- 1 ,finely chopped
- Tomato- 4 , roughly chopped
- Potato- 2 , boiled and chopped
- Green peas- 1 small bowl.
- Capsicum- 1 or 2, roughly chopped
- Green chilies- 2, finely chopped.
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Butter- 4 tbsp
- Salt- as per your taste.
- Check ingredients before making tawa pulao.
- Heat a pan, add butter.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till its raw aroma and add green chilies
- Add chopped tomato and fry till butter oozes out.
- Add green peas and capsicum and fry until its cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder,garam masala powder, pav bhaji masala and salt. Fry for another minute.
- Add potato and mix.
- Add the boiled rice and mix.
- Your tawa pulav is ready to serve.
- Serve Tawa pulao with yogurt or raita.